Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bad Service

I believe the true test of an organisation is how they solve problems. Mistakes can happen, even when you are not at fault. So when a client complains, it means that he has not given up on you and moved on, at least not yet.

Also you must remember that the Internet allows you to get information out to a large audience in a very short space of time. Which means, quite simply that you have to treat any complaints as urgent and give them your full attention.

When a client comes to you with a problem, no matter how small, you have to acknowlegde reciept immdiatlt recievd. You also have to tell the client when they can expect an answer and even if you cannot give an answer you go back to them when promised and give them feedback.

So when I have to call Virgin Mobile 4 times and repeat my self 4 times over a very simple problem, I tend to get annoyed. When I post an article to my blog about their "Piss Poor Service" and then take the trouble to email it to their Customer Care section and three days later do not get an answer, I get even more annoyed.

So now, I have become the "annoying client" that all salesmen try their best to ignore, and managers pretend don't exist.

Remeber, I said the Internet allows you to get information out to a large audience quickly. So guess what, I did just that...

No comments: